Saturday, February 25, 2012

Problem with plug-in algorithm in SQL Server 2005

Hi,all here,

Could please anyone here help me for this problem?

My problem is: I have registered my plug-in algortihm with SQL Server 2005 analysis services, and I can see my plug-in algortihm added to the analysis service configuration file (msmdsrv.ini). But why I can not see my algorithm appearing in the list of algorithms when I tested it? Really need help for that.

Thanks a lot for any guidance and help.

With best regards,

Yours sincerely,

Hi Helen -

I've noticed you've had a few questions over the last week. I am a partner at Apollo Data Technologies, we specialize in building predictive models utilizing SQL Server 2K5 Data Mining.

Not sure if it's of interest to you or your organization - please feel free to contact us if you would like to explore professional consulting. We've helped many clients in the past jump-start their modeling projects.

You can read more about Apollo at: http://apollodatatech.com/

Best regards,

Jeff Kaplan
312.787.7376
|||

Hi, please anyone here gives me some advice for this problem? It is needed indeed urgently. Thanks a lot.

With best regards,

Yours sincerely,

|||

Hi, all here,

Please would any expert give me some ideas about what is going on for that. In the analysis services configuration file, under the <Algorithms> tag, I can see the name of my plug-in algorithm, but under the <serivces> tag, my plug-in algorithm dose not appear tho. Is it this problem causing the above error? (in the algorithms list, my plug-in algortihm is not there) If so, what else can I try to fix this problem tho? But all I have done is actually following the Micorsoft's data mining plug-in algortihms tutorial downloaded. Any guidance is very much needed and appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

With best regards,

|||

Hello, Helen

Your plugin should only appear under Algorithms, as a tag (algorithm name) with 2 sub-elements (ProgID and Enabled)

There may be multiple reasons for the plug-in not to show up in the BI Developer Studio (BIDS) list :

- BIDS was not restarted after the plug-in was installed. BIDS caches the list of algorithms on the server so it needs to be restarted after installing a new plug-in on the server

- server did not load the plug-in. There are a few possible reasons:

- the tag name does not match the actual algorithm name

- incorrect ProgID in the INI file

- plug-in dll not registered

- dependency DLL not found

- error in the plug-in metadata

If the server failed to load the plug-in, then the Event log contains error information

If this is not enough, could you please ask send the server INI file and the error log events ?

|||

Hi, Bogdan, thank you very much for your guidance.

Yes, I checked the event view finding the error message as below:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10016
Date: 12/06/2006
Time: 09:42:31
User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Computer: TAH2005
Description:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I then looked at the component services administrative tool there, but I cant see the CLSID posed in the above error message? (BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E)

Thank you very much for your further guidance.

With best regards,

|||

I have looked the DCOM Config file and have set the user with permission to that. but new erroe appreared as below:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSSQLServerOLAPService
Event Category: (289)
Event ID: 0
Date: 13/06/2006
Time: 12:05:10
User: N/A
Computer: xxxx
Description:
The data mining algorithm provider (ProgID: 44503EAB-570E-4b25-A9F4-043949A7D78E) for the MyCompany_Managed_Plugin_Algorithm algorithm cannot be loaded. Message-handling subsystem: The message manager for the default locale cannot be found. The locale will be changed to US English. Message-handling subsystem: The message manager for the default locale cannot be found. The locale will be changed to US English. The following system error occurred: The system cannot find the file specified. .

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

So what is the problem tho? thanks a lot for any guidance.

|||

Hi, Bogdan, would you please give me more guidance for this? Why the data mining prodiver can not be loaded then and what else should I try for that? I have tried to fixed this problem for a while still getting stuck in it, before moving forward to embedding my plug-in algorithm, I really need to fix this stage first. Thank you very much.

PS:I can not find the CLSID in Registry Editor tho. Really dont have idea what is going on.

With best regards,

Yours sincerely,

|||

Looks like the plug-in is not registered.

After building the plug-in DLL, please go, in command line, to the build folder and execute:

%windir%\system32\regsvr32 your_plugin_dll.dll

Typically, this step should be part of the build process. However, it seems either the step i s not included in the build or it failed.

After that, the CLSID for your plug-in will appear in the registry and the server will also find it and load the DLL

thanks

|||Hi, Bogdan, Thanks a lot. Have got it done! Now I can embed my plug-in Algorithms with customized features :)

No comments:

Post a Comment