Monday, February 20, 2012

Problem with page breaks

Hello All,

I face the following problem.

I have a report with a list and under that list i have a table and a chart that sums the values from the dataset.

In my list properties i have set that their should be a page break after the list (meaning that my table and chart

should start a new page).

In my listgroup properties is hava also set a page break after each group.

Now when i preview my report in visual studio, the groupdetails are displayed in one page and the summed table and chart are on a second page. when i do a print preview, i get 3 pages but my sum table is on the second page under the last groupdetail and the chart is 3rth page.

When i publish my report on the reportserver and i do the same through my browser, i get the same error.

Why doesn"t the page break after each group doesn't work ?

Why does the page break after the list doesn't work ? is this a bug ?

Is there a way to set a pagebreak manually on the report for example in a hidden textbox ?

Any suggestions, tricks, help .....

Vinnie

Hello again ...

It seems i always find the answer to my proper questions .. but always when i have posted an item on this forum.

So i solved my problem based on the following article :

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20040823.asp

I draw a rectangle under my list and but my table and chart in this rectangle.

Then i set the PageBreakAtStart property to True.

This did the trick .... Isn't it simple ... if you know how to .....

Greetings

Vinnie

|||Hi Vinnie,

Thanks for this, I was also facing the same problem and tried exactly the same but this worked only first time. In the subsequent iterations of this report the rectangles start overlapping each other and I can't figure out why.
Do you have any suggestion for this?

Thanks
Anshu
anshu.bathla@.gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment