Saturday, February 25, 2012

Problem with Publication Articles being deleted

I wonder if anyone can advise, I currently have a replication set to 5 offices. Which has been working fine for some 18 months+, then the replication dropped out. When I looked in the publisher it had lost all its articles and would not allow me to add back in. I deleted the publication and recreated it and then after creating a new snapshot starting rolling back out to the various locations, and one of the locations failed and again all the articles where lost. I deleted and rebuilt the database at that office and went through the same routine again, only for it to happen again, the issue being that now errors where produced!!!.

So at present I have the publication and all the subscriptions running apart from this one office.

Has anyone had this before, or any ideas. I have run a full virus scan just in case and it was fine.

Can you provide more information?

Are you using push transactional replication?

Where does the replication fail? What error messages are you getting?

When you say one of the location failed, does it mean other locations worked fine?

Gary

|||

Hi Gary,

I found the problem, they were two dns records for the server I was trying to replicate to, and one of the records pointed back to the publication server. Now just need to find why all of a sudden I have 2 DNS records.

Thanks

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment