Saturday, February 25, 2012

Problem with printing database diagrams

When I print a database diagram directly, I get the top left corner obsrured on the printout by what looks like an empty popup box. This means the columns names are blanked out for the first 5-6 rows. I have tried this with a variety of printers and the effectis the same on all. The problem appears to be specific to SQL2005 as one of the servers has both SQL2000 and SQL2005. The disagrams from the SQL2000 print perfectly, the ones from SQL2005 do not.

SQL2005 has been patched to SP2.

I have circumvented the problem by writing an SSRS package to print the output of a stored procedure that emulates the database diagram. Also there is an option in SQL2005 database diagrams to get an image of the diagram. I have printed this in Word and it prints flawlessly that way.

I believe this is an unique problem you are facing and I think nothing much done from SQL dev. team.

See thsi http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/ScriptDiagram2005.asp is any help and you can report the same to MS Connect website http://connect.microsoft.com/

|||Regrettably I still have the problem with diagram on SQL2005 (but SQL2000)
|||

This is not a unique problem.

I've been encountering it for a month or two.

It's intermittent. Sometimes the diagrams are okay, sometimes these boxes obscure fields.

My only work-around is to PRINT SCREEN and then copy it into Word and print it.

|||We are having this same problem. If you copy to Word it will print. Has there been a solution found yet?|||Copying to Word is a good work-around, but is not a solution. It did happen with all the printers I could try at that site.

No comments:

Post a Comment