Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problem with SQL Server 2000 developer

I'm also having the same problem with MSDE. I really just want a local SQL Server instance on my machine for developer purposes. I'm running Win XP Pro sp2. When I attempt to install either SQL Server OR the analysis services, the install sheild logo appears for a moment, then nothing. There is no setup, no error, no nothing. The sqlsetup says it's running, but after almost 10 minutes, nothing happens.

What can I do to get some kind of SQL running on my computer? The same thing happens when I try to install the analysis tools, too!

Thanks!

Have you tried 're-booting' your computer and then running the installer?

I highly recommend using SQL Express instead of MSDE. You can download a copy here.

|||Just as an update, I have attempted to reboot my computer a half dozen times. I actually require the 2000 framework because my company is currently using SQL Server 2000 ENT.|||As an update, I have attempted to reboot my computer several times when installing either SQL Server or the analysis tools. I need 2000 on my machine because our company is still using SQL Server 2000 ENT.|||

what version and edition of sql server is this ? If it is Enterprise Edition , then it need Server Version of OS like Windows 2000 server,2003 Server etc... What you can do is Download SQL Server Express downloadble version of SQL Server 2005 and install

Madhu

|||I have attempted to reboot and reinstall the software at least a half dozen times. I'm only trying to install the developer version of SQL 2000 and/or the analysis tools.|||I've even tried closing my anti-virus software. It still doesn't load. The CD spins for a few moments, then stops. I can live without the SQL Server on my machine, but I really need the tools.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment