Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problem with SQL Server and odbc, please help me!

I have Visual Studio Dot.Net on Win XP and use the MSDE to access to Sql
Server.
This morning I've attempt to create a new ODBC DSN for Sql Server so
I've executed the wizard for a new System DSN by the ODBC administrator
of Windows. But when it attempts to connect to the server (the third
step of wizard) it give me somewhat like:
Connection impossible.
SQLState: '01000'
SQL Server error: 10049
SQLState: '08001'
SQL Server error: 17
I've tried to go forward with the manual configuration (uncheck the item
"Connect to an SQL Server for the default settings.." and press the Next
button), but at the end, when I press "Verify the data source", I have
no connection. So I've canceled the wizard.
The problem is that after that moment I have no connection with the server.
The console of MSDE indicate that the server is normally running, but I
can't connect to it neither by the Server Explorer of VS nor by osql.
I have always a message like:
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]Server non found or access denied.
Can someone help me?
Thanks
Tonio Tanzi
P.s. the messages of the server are probably a little different by the
ones indicate by me because I've translated them from the italian version.Tonio,
Is this a development server? If so try stopping the SQL Server service and
restarting it.
HTH
Jerry
"Tonio Tanzi" <vi.tan.gr@.inwind.it> wrote in message
news:m8c%e.3633$EZ.98724@.twister1.libero.it...
>I have Visual Studio Dot.Net on Win XP and use the MSDE to access to Sql
>Server.
> This morning I've attempt to create a new ODBC DSN for Sql Server so I've
> executed the wizard for a new System DSN by the ODBC administrator of
> Windows. But when it attempts to connect to the server (the third step of
> wizard) it give me somewhat like:
> Connection impossible.
> SQLState: '01000'
> SQL Server error: 10049
> SQLState: '08001'
> SQL Server error: 17
> I've tried to go forward with the manual configuration (uncheck the item
> "Connect to an SQL Server for the default settings.." and press the Next
> button), but at the end, when I press "Verify the data source", I have no
> connection. So I've canceled the wizard.
> The problem is that after that moment I have no connection with the
> server.
> The console of MSDE indicate that the server is normally running, but I
> can't connect to it neither by the Server Explorer of VS nor by osql.
> I have always a message like:
> [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]Server non found or access denied.
>
> Can someone help me?
> Thanks
> Tonio Tanzi
> P.s. the messages of the server are probably a little different by the
> ones indicate by me because I've translated them from the italian version.|||Jerry Spivey ha scritto:
> Tonio,
> Is this a development server? If so try stopping the SQL Server service a
nd
> restarting it.
Yes. I've just stopped and restarted both Sql Server and computer many
times widhout any result.
Other suggest?
Bye
Tonio Tanzi

No comments:

Post a Comment