Friday, March 30, 2012

problem with sqlserver 2005 express

I am using VS2005 with sql server 2005 express.
I have database with atached datafile. when I am using Select command from
created table, there is not case sensitive in the result. I mean I have in
the table the row with value "Disp1" in col1, and when I am selecting with
filter Where col1="disp1" , I amd getting this one row where value is
"Disp1".
I saw in server explorer window, that connection have parameter Case
Sensitive, which value is False, but it is desabled and I can't change.
How to solve this problem.
ThanksEither change the collation of the column or specify the collation
explicitly in the WHERE clause. You should read about collations in the
documentation first so that you understand how they work and the
implications of mixed collations, the impact on indexing, etc.
Although this question isn't specific to the version in general you
should post questions about 2005 to the 2005 newsgroups only:
http://communities.microsoft.com/ne...p=sqlserver2005
David Portas
SQL Server MVP
--sql

No comments:

Post a Comment