Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problem with SQL server - Excel

Hi to all! I am working with SQL server 2000 and up until today, I used to import data in the Server using an Excel Spreadsheet, and the wizard. Last time today, that I tried to do that, I got the following message:

" The instruction at "0x02e21b80" referenced memory at "0x02e21b80". The memory could not be "read".

Any help, would be much appreciated! I am stuck here, and the most akward thing, is that up until today, I kept on importing data from Excel, with the same process with no problem...

Anyway, I thank everyone in advance, just for taking the time to read this thread! :DThe error you describe is a very common error that really is saying "something went wrong and I don't have a clue what to do about it". It probably won't fix if you try again, and it will probably not work if you try to restart your computer (but it might, it has happened to me). I'm assuming that this problem is related to your workstation in some way, removed dll's, uninstalled program that messed up something you needed or something similar.
To rule out possibilities, I would try to do the same thing from another computer. If that works, I'd try to reinstall Excel, and if it didn't work, I'd check out the access privileges the account uses that makes the database connection. Just some tips ... ;)|||Thanks a lot! I'll try doing these things and see what happens!

You' ve offered great help to me, cause I'm in a state of confusion at the moment and I wasn't able to think clearly!

Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment