Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problem with SQL Server And Access 2003

Hi, everyone.
I trying to connect a SQL Server 2005 to an Access 2003 frontend. Now
in the past I have not had any trouble, but today seems to be a
different day.
Every time I go to try and open a dao.database object I get the error
"Run-Time error '3000'': Reserved error(-1038); there is no message
for this error."
I am not really sure what the issue is here. Below is the line of code
Set dbSQLServer = DBEngine.OpenDatabase("", dbDriverNoPrompt, False,
gSQLServConnectionString)
Just so everything is clear gSQLServConnectionString = ODBC;DSN=SQLServer;Trusted_Connection=yes;DATABASE=DicomSQLServer;
Now, I have tried a simlar connection string and it works just fine for
another server. When I test the connection in the ODBC manager it
connects to the server with a problem, but when I try to get access to
do it. I get the aforementioned error.
Thanks for all your help .
-ThanasYou may get an better response from:
microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver
--
Arnie Rowland, Ph.D.
Westwood Consulting, Inc
Most good judgment comes from experience.
Most experience comes from bad judgment.
- Anonymous
"Thanas" <atsioplakis@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1156275843.206425.221240@.i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi, everyone.
> I trying to connect a SQL Server 2005 to an Access 2003 frontend. Now
> in the past I have not had any trouble, but today seems to be a
> different day.
> Every time I go to try and open a dao.database object I get the error
> "Run-Time error '3000'': Reserved error(-1038); there is no message
> for this error."
> I am not really sure what the issue is here. Below is the line of code
> Set dbSQLServer = DBEngine.OpenDatabase("", dbDriverNoPrompt, False,
> gSQLServConnectionString)
> Just so everything is clear gSQLServConnectionString => ODBC;DSN=SQLServer;Trusted_Connection=yes;DATABASE=DicomSQLServer;
> Now, I have tried a simlar connection string and it works just fine for
> another server. When I test the connection in the ODBC manager it
> connects to the server with a problem, but when I try to get access to
> do it. I get the aforementioned error.
> Thanks for all your help .
> -Thanas
>|||Thanks I'll give it a try.
Arnie Rowland wrote:
> You may get an better response from:
> microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver
> --
> Arnie Rowland, Ph.D.
> Westwood Consulting, Inc
> Most good judgment comes from experience.
> Most experience comes from bad judgment.
> - Anonymous
>
> "Thanas" <atsioplakis@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1156275843.206425.221240@.i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > Hi, everyone.
> > I trying to connect a SQL Server 2005 to an Access 2003 frontend. Now
> > in the past I have not had any trouble, but today seems to be a
> > different day.
> >
> > Every time I go to try and open a dao.database object I get the error
> > "Run-Time error '3000'': Reserved error(-1038); there is no message
> > for this error."
> >
> > I am not really sure what the issue is here. Below is the line of code
> >
> > Set dbSQLServer = DBEngine.OpenDatabase("", dbDriverNoPrompt, False,
> > gSQLServConnectionString)
> >
> > Just so everything is clear gSQLServConnectionString => > ODBC;DSN=SQLServer;Trusted_Connection=yes;DATABASE=DicomSQLServer;
> >
> > Now, I have tried a simlar connection string and it works just fine for
> > another server. When I test the connection in the ODBC manager it
> > connects to the server with a problem, but when I try to get access to
> > do it. I get the aforementioned error.
> >
> > Thanks for all your help .
> >
> > -Thanas
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment