Friday, March 30, 2012

problem with srever 2005 and Oracle

I am creating report model witch have connection to Oracle database. I was
created the connection and data source view, but then I want to create
Report model with wizard I am geting the error: ORA-02179: valid options:
ISOLATION LEVEL {SERIAZABLE | READ COMMITTED}.
how to change isolation level to valid oracle connection isolation level.It is my understanding that the model part of RS in 2005 is not yet
compatible with Oracle. I am tied to find where I read that on technet
but I can't. Maybe someone else can elaborate.
Thanks!|||Work-around for Report Builder:
1. Create linked server connection to Oracle database using the
OraOLEDB.Oracle provider(more up-to-date than Microsoft's).
2. Create a Data Source using the native SQL provider to the SQL Server
where you created in step 1.
3. Create a data source view; do not select objects.
4. Right-click in the DSV designer pane and create a New Named Query. Build
your query against the linked server (i.e. use 4-part names: select * from
linkedservername..schema.object). Repeat step 4 for each object you wish to
add to your model.
5. Add logical keys where applicable.
6. Build your model.
7. Deploy & build reports using Report Builder :-)
X

No comments:

Post a Comment