Friday, March 30, 2012

problem with sqlserver 2005 express

I am using VS2005 with sql server 2005 express.
I have database with atached datafile. when I am using Select command from
created table, there is not case sensitive in the result. I mean I have in
the table the row with value "Disp1" in col1, and when I am selecting with
filter Where col1="disp1" , I amd getting this one row where value is
"Disp1".
I saw in server explorer window, that connection have parameter Case
Sensitive, which value is False, but it is desabled and I can't change.
How to solve this problem.
ThanksUsing a case-sensitive collation such as Latin1_General_CS_AS for col1 when you create your table, or for the "=" comparison in your query should solve your problem. CS stands for "case sensitive" and AS for "Accent Sensitive." See
Working With Collations (ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v9/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/udb9/html/61cdbb6b-3ca1-4d73-938b-22e4f06f75ea.htm) in SQL Server 2005 books online.

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment